Resolving Big Family Law Problems – But Not In A Big Law Firm Way
James C. Jones II
- Family Law
Jim grew up in Annandale, Virginia the eldest of four children. Jim's parents grew up in southern West Virginia and had moved to the DC metro area in the early 1960s for work and educational opportunities. During high school Jim excelled at small-bore rifle marksmanship, being the Virginia state prone champion for three years and was recognized as the Most Valuable Player on his high school football team as a senior.
Jim attended West Virginia University where he and several other students re-colonized the Tau Kappa Epsilon Fraternity. Jim served two years as chaplain and one year as president. Jim graduated in 1987 with a Bachelor of Arts in psychology.
Following two years of study at Emory University Chandler School of Theology Jim worked in the Atlanta, Georgia landscape industry and at Home Depot.
Jim married his former wife Lynne in 1989 in Dalton, Georgia and returned to West Virginia University from 1993 to 1996 where he graduated with honors from the College of Law.
From 1998 to 2004 Jim was the commercial department managing attorney at Martin & Seibert, LC practicing in the areas of commercial and consumer litigation, commercial leases, insurance subrogation, and bankruptcy litigation. Jim supervised four attorneys and thirty- plus support staff with over 85,000 open files. During Jim's time as managing attorney, the West Virginia commercial practice was expanded to include all of Maryland and Virginia.
In 2005 Jim and his growing family moved to Kentucky to provide much-needed support for Lynne's father who was experiencing increasingly debilitating effects of Alzheimer's disease.
From 2005 to 2006 Jim practiced foreclosure and bankruptcy law with Reynolds and Wathen in Owensboro, Kentucky
In 2015 Jim was awarded the CASA Guardian Ad Litem of the Year for dependable and faithful service to abused and neglected children. From 2015 to 2018 Jim practiced family law as a partner with Crain Schuette Attorneys.
In 2018 Jim re-opened his solo law practice with an emphasis on adoption, divorce, custody, probate administration and related issues
- West Virginia University College of Law, Morgantown, West Virginia
- J.D. - 1996
- West Virginia University
- B.A. - 1987
- Major: Psychology
- Kentucky, 2005
- West Virginia, 1997
- District of Columbia, 1997
- Virginia, 2004
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky
Classes & Seminars
- Debt Collection in West Virginia From Start to Finish, Presenter
- Debt Collection in West Virginia From Start to Finish – Co-Author
- J.M. v. C.R. et al., No. 2015-CA-000220-ME
- L.N.W. v. Cabinet for Health and Family Services et al., No. 2014-CA-001949 and 2014-CA-001950
- Jonathan Scott Simon v. Michelle Ann Simon, No. 2007-CA-000714-ME
- James C. Jones II Attorney at Law Bowling Green, KY, 2018 to present
- Crain Schuette Attorneys, Bowling Green, KY 2015 to 2018
- James C. Jones II Attorney at Law Bowling Green, KY 2007 to 2015
- Brian Schuette & Associates, Bowling Green, KY, 2006 to 2007
- Reynolds & Wathen, PLLC, Owensboro, KY, 2005 to 2006
- Miller & Earle, PLLC, Harrisonburg, VA 2004 to 2005
- Martin & Seibert, L.C., Martinsburg, WV, 1998 to 2004
- Furbee, Amos, Webb & Critchfield, Fairmont, WV, 1996 to 1998